Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dear Inmate9

Can Lady Liberty tollerate
so many behind bars?
As I read this article I couldn't help but think of you... and everyone else in this country. How could "we the people" let this happen to us? I've asked myself that question many times, and I keep recalling that the answer was given thousands of years ago in early Old Testament writings, to wit: "Give us a king." When people are too lazy, too ignorant, too apathetic to look after themselves and their needs they find it expedient to subject themselves to the alleged wisdom of someone more powerful than they are. Where does the enhanced power come from? From us. We abdicate our own thrones and pass the collective torch to some entity that we mistakenly perceive will take better care of us than we can. Sheesh!!! We all should think more like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment